Austria

Device

Acer Predator Helios 300

Operating System

Windows 10 20H2 (Build 19042.867)

Spotify Build

1.1.54.592.gc0b20638

My Question or Issue

Every time I open the "Made For You" library, a weird bug occurs. The "Uniquely Yours" section for example is cut off in the middle (as shown in the first screenshot). And the "Discover New Music" section is cut off at the second entry "Release Radar" (shown in the second screenshot).

Restarting the app and the computer didn't fix the issue.

MadeForYou-UniquelyYours.png
MadeForYou-DiscoverNewMusic.png
13 Replies

Hey there @MarvinSkilla,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This is different from a quick reinstall and could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

If that doesn't do the trick, can you log in with another account on the device - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey @Jeremy

Thank you for your reply.

I performed a clean reinstall as suggested by you, but the problem is still there.

I've also tried logging in with a friend's account and strangely, his "Uniquely Yours" section is fully visible, but the "Discover New Music" and "Even More" sections are cut off in the middle.

MadeForYou-EvenMore-friendacc.png
MadeForYou-DiscoverNewMusic-friendacc.png
MadeForYou-UniquelyYours-friendacc.png

Hey again @MarvinSkilla,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you log in on another device to see if the issue persist?

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey @Jeremy
Unfortunately, I don't have another Windows device with the Spotify app installed. So I tried out the Web App in my browser, but I was unable to find the "Made for You" library on there. The only thing I can see there is a small section which contains "Your Time Capsule", "On Repeat" and "Repeat Rewind" and all of them are displayed normally.

WebApp.png

Hey @MarvinSkilla,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

In case you've downloaded the app from our website, we'd suggest you also download the app from the Microsoft store. Are there any changes?

If nothing changes, it's also a good idea to try running the app in a safe mode

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @Ver

Unfortunately, downloading the Spotify app from Microsoft Store didn't change anything. After doing that I restarted my laptop into Safe mode with Networking, but I was unable to start the Spotify app. I assume this has something to do with the MS Store DRM protection? - I was not signed into MS Store when using safe mode and clicking onto "Sign on" within the MS Store did not work in safe mode (No sign-up window or anything like that popped up).

Should I try running the standalone Spotify app under safe mode?

Hey @MarvinSkilla,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

It's still a good idea to check if logging in to your Spotify account on another device makes a difference. This will help us find out if the issue is related to the particular device setup or your Spotify account. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that the original device is up-to-speed with any software updates.

Just to confirm, is this happening only when connected to a certain Internet connection? If possible, we'd suggest connecting to a different network (for example, if this is happening when you're connected to 3G/4G, try switching to a WiFi connection). If it works with another connection, it'd be a good idea troubleshooting further the original one (for example restarting your router).

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Hey there,

Sorry for the long silence. I tried changing network. First I tried changing from Ethernet to Wi-Fi - still staying on the same router. No changes there. Then I connected via Wi-Fi to my phone hotspot - also no changes.

I performed a second clean install and installed again from Windows Store - no changes.

Now an additional problem occured: After the latest Windows 10 20H2 cumulative update yesterday, my "Friend Activity" on the right side is empty. It just shows the "Find friends" button, but no listening activity.

Unfortunately though I was still unable to get my hands onto another Windows device to test if the issue persists there. As I suggested before, I could try it via the web app or from my phone, but I guess that's not helpful as for example the "Friend activity" doesn't even exist there.

Kind regards

Hey there @MarvinSkilla

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Can you check your firewall and antivirus and make sure that Spotify is whitelisted?

Also, if you're using a VPN make sure to disconnect it when trying again. 

Keep us posted 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey there,

I've looked through the Windows Defender settings and made sure that everything starting with "spotify" is whitelisted on public- and private networks. Unfortunately though, that didn't change anything.

One strange thing: The "Friend Activity" came back a few hours after I wrote my last message without changing any setting. The other problem persists exists though.

Also I am not connected to any VPN or Proxy and I don't have any third-party antivirus or firewall installed.

Kind regards

Hey @MarvinSkilla

Thanks for your reply. 

Would you mind checking the "Made For You" section again in the web player? You can find it heading over to Search > Made For You. Once you find it, could you send us a screenshot of how things look there?

On another note, could you check if there's any pending software and driver updates on your PC?

Keep us posted 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey there,

Thanks for your response. I had a look at the "Made For You" section on the web app and it appears to be working as expected. Every album cover is fully shown and nothing is chopped off.

I've also checked for pending updates. Windows has no new updates available and Spotify is on the latest version as well. Finally, I updated my Nvidia GPU driver from 457.30 to 466.11.

The issue is still there after the GPU driver update, but still only in the Windows Store app and not in the Web app. The images below show the Web version, the screenshots from my older messages still apply to the Windows Store version.

I've also tried the non-Windows Store version, but same behaviour there.

Kind regards

Spotify-WebApp-DiscoverNewMusic.png
Spotify-WebApp-UniquelyYours.png
Spotify-WebApp-YourDecadeMixes.png

Hi @MarvinSkilla

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

We're currently in the process of rolling out an improved look of the app. You can find more info about it here.

We'd recommend making sure to always run the latest app version.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to let us know.

Cheers.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts