Spotify Windows 7 perma hourglass

Shyarly
Casual Listener

Hi,

after i started spotify and began playing radio, the application performs fine for the first 3-4 songs. Then the trouble begins.. The cursor in the application is permanent the hourglass (spinning circle) and i am not able to like a song, skip a song, change the volume, change the radio station, etc.. (Songs are playing further without any interruption) The only way to make spotify work again is to kill the process via taskmanager and start it again.. but then, after aprox. 10 minutes, the whole spinning begins again...

A look in the taskmanager says me only that spotify is running..  zero til onepercent cpu load, aprox 90mb memory load (mainprocess). Helper-Processes are between 47 and 2 mb and also zero percent cpu load..

Do anyone of you got any ideas? A uninstall and reinstall did not help... 😞

If u need any futher informations feel free to ask 🙂

Thanks 4 your advice

Greez Shyarly

4 Replies

Peter__
Community Legend
Does this only happen with radio or with playlists too?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Shyarly
Casual Listener

No, this only happens when i listen to a radio station. But i listen the most of the time to radio.. 

I already thougt my internet connection is not good enough but i habe 30 MB Down and 1 MB up.. I think that should be enough. I also have checked if UPnP is active. It is, so spotify should open the required ports by itself..

I am a little clueless right now 😞

Greetings

Peter__
Community Legend
Can you see the track it gets stuck on? Is that track a track you have stored as a local file (and therefore appears in the local files tab of Spotify)?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Shyarly
Casual Listener

No, it's totally random. this behaviour appears on local and on online files. But i found out, that it is often after i clicked the "like this song" or "dislike this song" button..

SUGGESTED POSTS