Spotify Windows player Discovery screen frozen display

Solved!

Re: Spotify Windows player Discovery screen frozen display

DJSmooth
Roadie

Thanks Peter, & just in case anyone working for Spotify is reading, This is still an issue. Every morning I have to copy & paste this  

%APPDATA%\Spotify\spotify.exe --disable-accelerated-layers --disable-accelerated-fixed-root-background

in order for my spotify to work properly.  As a premium member, I shouldn't have to jump thru these hoops, it's extremly frustrating.

Peter__
Community Legend

@DJSmooth wrote:

Thanks Peter, & just in case anyone working for Spotify is reading, This is still an issue. Every morning I have to copy & paste this  

%APPDATA%\Spotify\spotify.exe --disable-accelerated-layers --disable-accelerated-fixed-root-background

in order for my spotify to work properly.  As a premium member, I shouldn't have to jump thru these hoops, it's extremly frustrating.

Appreciate its a pain, I've bumped the escalation so the guys know it is still an issue. Just for identification purposes what version of the client are you currently using (Help > About)? 

What I would suggest in the mean time to save you from having to copy and paste all the time:

1. Right click on the Spotify Icon on your desktop > Copy.

2. Right click on space on the desktop > Paste. You should get a copy of the Spotify Shortcut. 

3. Right click on the new icon > Select Properties > Shortcut > In the Target box add "--disable-accelerated-layers --disable-accelerated-fixed-root-background" at the end. 

4. Press ok.

Then use that icon to launch Spotify - should work (hopefully!).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

DJSmooth
Roadie

Can't believe this is STILL an issue, I still have to jump thru hoops for this to work properly, what do I need to do to get a proper update?

psykez

For those struggling with this who are running HP laptops with dual graphics options, set spotify to always use "power saving" graphics and this will solve the issue (untill a permanent fix becomes avaliable)

geomorillo
Casual Listener

i can confirm this to be the solution  --disable-accelerated-layers did the job

MieszkoIV
Regular

Hey,

Having this issue again with version 0.9.8.296.g91f68827.

Luckily it's only album, artists and "covers" of my playlists. Still annoying though :C

Cheers!

Przechwytywanie.PNG

Joe
Community Legend

You're not alone. The switches still seem to work thank goodness.

MieszkoIV
Regular

I know :D I had the same issue with the previous version of the app.

I find it ridiculous that I have to add commands to shortcuts. It simply means that someting in the app is broken since it used to work without any problems (no hardware/driver changes on my pc).

Thank you for your anwser jwylot! :) Hopefully something will change ;)

Joe
Community Legend

You're welcome. It would help if you could post very briefly there too. I'm going to escalate to staff tomorrow :)

CathalandMary
Roadie

Hi, I found that this trick solved a huge no. of problems for me - 

right click, properties, go to the compatability tab, and uncheck the compatabilty box.

Can you let me know if this works for you?

thx -  c

SUGGESTED POSTS