Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify adding songs from another playlist to another playlist without me doing anything

Spotify adding songs from another playlist to another playlist without me doing anything

The issue is very simple;

I have a main playlist that I often listen to. I update it semi-frequently, but in the last couple months, I've noticed a strange error that is kind of frustrating to deal with.

Firstly, I'll be listening to a completely different playlist to my normal one, and sometimes Spotify will add songs from this playlist to my main playlist. It doesn't always do this, but it seems to happen when I control my Spotify via my phone (using Spotify for Android). To clarify, Spotify is actually playing on my computer when this happens, not on the phone itself. The phone is basically just my remote.

Additionally, I have another issue where sometimes Spotify will re-add songs from the main playlist and completely screw up the order in which I added them. I don't know why it does this, but it's frustrating when I'm trying to listen by chronological order and then everything is randomly re-added in a different order than how I added it.

I was wondering if anyone else has these issues, and if so, is there a way to prevent it from happening? I don't want songs from one playlist randomly being added to my other playlist.

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed

Are you using Spotify Free?

Spotify will add song suggestions into your playlists on mobile when you're on the Free plan.

I think it won't do that when you click play on an album and queue the contents of the playlist on desktop, and the use your mobile as a remote.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have Spotify premium.

@user-removed

In this case I would recommend reinstalling Spotify on your devices, see this article on how to.

Is this issue happening everytime you use your mobile device for playback?

Let me know!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts