Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify always goes back to certain tracks i've played. Not the last played.

Spotify always goes back to certain tracks i've played. Not the last played.

When I'm listening to music in Spotify I always switch from music (duh)

But when I restart my PC and want to continue the music I was listening to before,

it just plays certain songs... For example, I was listening to London Posse for some time, but after that, I switched to different music genre's.

Now every time I start Spotify it goes back to when I was listening to that...

The annoying part is that when I find new music, it doesn't always save in "Recently Played" so the music is lost somewhere in a playlist, and I have no way of finding it back.

5 Replies

Hey @2tyoort6-_58c.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community! We'll be glad to help you out 🙂

I know this sounds obvious, but would you mind performing a clean reinstall by following the steps outlined here? This can solve many common problems that our users experience.

Could you also provide us with your Spotify app version? You can find this in the three-dots menu (top-left corner) > Help > About Spotify

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

1.0.92.390.g2ce5ec7d

Reinstalling now

Have re-installed it, will update if it helped.

I have this same issue on two separate Windows 10 machines where the app does not remember what song was playing when I shut down.

If I remember correctly, Spotify used to remember what you were listening to regardless of what device you were using - such as listening on my phone in the car, I get home and my desktop would take over from where I left off on my phone.

Now both my laptop and desktop (both Windows 10) only remember a position in a playlist if I completely close out of Spotify and then re-open. But if I shut down the computer without completely closing out, it goes back to the last time I closed the app.

If you get it to work, do let me know what you did to fix it. I've tried re-installing a few times with no success.

Hey @patrickmckeone.

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this. We'll be glad to help you out 🙂

Just as a point of information, if you are using Spotify on two different devices, the song that you are listening to, along with the listening history, will not sync up unless you are using Connect to link the devices. 

Regarding the issue that you are experiencing, can you confirm that you have tried performing a clean reinstall by following the steps outlined here?

@2tyoort6-_58c - how are you getting on? Did you have any luck?

Looking forward to hearing back from both of you 🙂

Suggested posts