Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify and Chrome conflict on Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16226!!!

Solved!

Spotify and Chrome conflict on Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16226!!!

Hello,

I have just discovered a bug with Spotify Version 1.0.57.474, Google Chrome Version 59.0.3071.109 and Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16226.

The issue is in Chrome browser if you right click on a web page and click "Save link as" or on an images and click "Save image as" Spotify crashes and closes every single time. I tested it on 2 Windows 10 computers with Insider Preview Build 16226 and Spotify crashes on both. However Spotify does not crash at all with the same Spotify and Chrome versions on my computer with the latest official release Windows 10 15063.413.

Any chance of getting this fixed in the near future?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Confirmed and still true on build 16232 x64, anything triggered from webkit towards windows file system = crash..

View solution in original post

3 Replies

EDIT : It also happens somehow everytime I delete a file in the Windows Explorer : Spotify crashes, no action with Chrome here. Very annoying !

I noticed the same, only happens on windows 16226. Nothing similar on Firefox. I'm having the same problem with Vivaldi (that uses Chrome engine).

I'm guessing it's because of Spotify using Chrome Embedded Framework, which has a new version as you can see here http://opensource.spotify.com/cefbuilds/index.html I tried to put it manually, but no luck.

Spotify currently has a version that was made for Chrome 57, and the new one is ready for Chrome 59. Hopefully it will fix this, it's very annoying

Yep I see now it's not just with Chrome but also file explorer. I wonder what changed in Windows 10 Build 16226 to cause Spotify to kepp crashing?

Also it happens with the new Windows store version of Spotify as well.

Marked as solution

Confirmed and still true on build 16232 x64, anything triggered from webkit towards windows file system = crash..

Suggested posts