Premium

Country

Taiwan

Device

HTC U10

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi, while my Spotify works just fine on my Windows 10 laptop, the app recently has been crashing whenever I open up any artist page. That said, I can still play the songs just fine if I search for the song and press play.

In addition, on the app all of my liked songs I saved are now completely gone (but are still saved on desktop version). I have uninstalled the app, logged out and logged back in and still no luck. If anyone has any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks

47 Replies

Hi! I did thwe reinstallation of the app (deleteng the cache and all that
stuff) but i still have the same problem. I can not open any artists, any
albums if i look for them, just opens what i have in the main frame. I
dont know what else can i do. I pay the premium package and ithis is so
annoying

Hey there @Drognoni,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

In this case, could you let us know the details requested in the Status Update so we can get this reported with the right teams?

Thanks in advance 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hey again folks,

We do appreciate adding your votes in this thread!

As we haven't heard back from you with more info about the desktop app crashing when accessing artist pages, we'll be moving this thread back to the Help Boards for now. If you're still experiencing this, let us know in a new thread with all the requested details.

However, we'll be creating a new thread about reports from users experiencing this on the mobile app. If you're also experiencing that, make sure to head here and add your details.

Thanks 🙂

KaterinaModerator

I've been having this exact same problem and it still keeps happening. On the desktop app on my Windows Dell I try to go to artists but suddenly everything freezes but the music keeps playing so I close and try to reopen but when I do I get a pop up saying "Spotify is not responding". I'm just wondering if the Spotify team have looked into and sorted this problem now?

Hi there @jackfar88,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. Let's take a closer look into this.

To start with, can you let us know what troubleshooting you've done that's been provided in the thread?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi @Jeremy thanks for replying! I checked all the troubleshooting tried uninstalling, reinstalling, updating the desktop app, nothing works. App works fine on my mobile and ipad but on the desktop on my windows it keeps crashing, I don't know what to do now 😞

Hey @jackfar88!

Thank you for letting us know!
This seems to be affecting multiple users. Take a look at this thread, leave a vote and subscribe to it for future updates 🙂
Thanks!

VasilModerator

I'm sorry but this has not helped. I reported this issue months ago and still I'm getting this same problem and the solutions I'm getting seem to be following threads about the same problem with no clear solution in sight. Instead it's just a thread featuring a whole load of other users who are facing the same issue, who (by the looks of it) are now fuming that it's still not working and nothing is being done about it still. I'm just wondering what the mentality is behind throwing all your unhappy customers into a chatroom like an echo-chamber is going to do anything? Does it solve anything? No it does'nt, everyone is deeply unhappy with this issue and no one is doing anything about it and I'm sure there are plenty of other music streaming services we can go to that have customer support that make people feel like they're being listened to. Not being palmed off and sent to various conversation threads like it's not an issue for you. Seriously unhappy with Spotify right now.

Suggested posts