Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app installation fails on Windows 10

Solved!

Spotify app installation fails on Windows 10

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I got an error message saying I needed to update my Spotify app, so I tried downloading it from Spotify. It said I had a version from the Microsoft store so I needed to update it from there. So I thought I'd get the real thing from Spotify so I uninstalled the version I had, then tried to download it from Spotify, got the same message. So then I tried installing it from  the**bleep** store and that installation fails repeatedly. So the**bleep** version fails to install and the Spotify version won't install because it thinks the**bleep** version is still there. Great system.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I did a search on the Error 0x80073D05 error and found this in a Microsoft user forum. It worked for me. Maybe it will help others.

View solution in original post

SpotifyFix.JPG
5 Replies

Hi there @ChzBrgrNParaDys,

thanks for reaching out !

Can you please mention what error message you're getting ?

Thanks 🙂

Thanks for the response, this is the error I get when trying to install from the Microsoft store:

SpotifyError.JPG
Marked as solution

I did a search on the Error 0x80073D05 error and found this in a Microsoft user forum. It worked for me. Maybe it will help others.

SpotifyFix.JPG

I got this error as well. Tried to re-install Spotify and now it always fails to install. Still looking for a fix

Absolute Legend this was the EXACT solution for me! Thank you so much you beautiful human being ❤️

Suggested posts