Premium

Country

USA

Device

Happens on PC, Alexa echo, LG Stylo4+

Operating System

Windows 10, Android.

My Question or Issue

Issue: Spotify will randomly swap to playlist > By JustinL and volume will drop to 0%
I haven't been able to find an exact trigger, happens about 5-10 minutes into listening to any playlist. Happens on all my devices, and it doesn't matter what I'm listening to. first couple of songs, then bam, listening to some artist playlist I never used or put on here and oddly enough the volume drops completely. I can then swap over to another playlist and be fine. 

I've tried different steps on my own, like,
1. turning off shuffle

2. turning on repeat

3. logging in and out.

4. re-installing app on devices.

5. Logging all devices out attached to account.

Any other suggestions? 

5 Replies

Hey there @deasonrng21,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We'd recommend you run through the steps described in this article to make sure that no one else has access to your account.

Let us know if this behavior continues after that.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Like I said above, I made sure I logged out all devices, I did forget to state I changed my password. This isn't someone messing with my account. It doesn't jump to listening to another device, it doesn't jump to any other playlist or songs but the one.  goes to the same playlist every time and volume drops to 0. 

Hi @deasonrng21,

Thank you for your swift reply!

Could you try connecting to a different Wifi/mobile network and test your account? If the music keeps changing, please try activating the Offline Mode, does it still happen? 

Also, can you log in to your devices with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Howdy,

Just tested, It does happen on offline mode, though it doesn't play the music on the playlist. It just swaps over to it and cuts the volume. I'll test on a friends network asap.

Thanks,

Hi @deasonrng21,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

Please let us know the results as soon as you test your account on a different internet network, this way we can keep narrowing down this issue. 

If the same happens using a different network, send us a video or a screen recording showing how the music is changed, this might help us investigate further. 

We'll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts