Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app state overrided my dektop spotify previous state when i change from one to the other

Spotify app state overrided my dektop spotify previous state when i change from one to the other

Each time that I change from spotify phone to spotify desktop, the desktop previous "state" (song/list/random option/etc...) is overriden by the spotfy phone "state" 😞 so i lost the list/song/queue or random config I was playing on my desktop before...

The opposite does not happen (change from desktop to phone do not change the "state" of the phone) which is very good as the use on both plataforms may by different for some users (for me, on phone i normally play only offline list in random...)

4 Replies

Hi Fred,

To prevent Spotify users from playing out of multiple devices, Spotify syncs other sessions (your desktop) with your current session (your phone) so that your music overlaps throughout the devices. The "overriding" should happen. The reason your phone does not sync with your desktop is that Spotify is offline. When your phone is connected to the Spotify UI via WiFi/Mobile Data, it will sync with your desktop.

Hope that helps!

Happy Listening 🙂

Is there a way to disable this "state sync" feature? The "way" I listen songs on my desktop is very different from the "way" a listen songs on my app... 😞

No problem on spotify interrupt the songs been playing on a device when you turn another (OK and I understand the reason), but I don't want it to automatically change what I was playing on my desktop before, each time i change from app to desktop...

I don't believe there is currently a way to do this. If you wish to pursue this, you could post an idea, though I stand by my word that this is intentional.

Happy Listening!

Suggested posts