Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app state overrided my dektop spotify previous state when i change from one to the other

Spotify app state overrided my dektop spotify previous state when i change from one to the other

Each time that I change from spotify phone to spotify desktop, the desktop previous "state" (song/list/random option/etc...) is overriden by the spotfy phone "state" 😞 so i lost the list/song/queue or random config I was playing on my desktop before...

The opposite does not happen (change from desktop to phone do not change the "state" of the phone) which is very good as the use on both plataforms may by different for some users (for me, on phone i normally play only offline list in random...)

6 Replies

Hey @fredkidgmail, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with this. How long has this been going on for? What devices, operating systems, and Spotify versions are you using? 

Does it happen if both devices aren't connected to the same WiFi network?

Let us know how it goes.

Hi

Both devices are on the same network.

The problem happens only in one way:

- If I'm using de Desktop and change to Cellphone, the cellphone state is not overrided (it keep the state from the last time I was using the Cellphone).

- But, if I'm using the Cellphone and change to Desktop, the last desktop state is overrided with the Cellphone state...

This problem is happening for a couple of months....

versions

Capture.PNG

(tried as text first but form was not accepting)

Hey @fredkidgmail.

Thanks for getting back to us. 

The app is supposed to update with the same info across all devices when they're in online mode. 

To prevent it from happening, use your phone in Offline Mode so that it doesn't affect what's on your desktop.

We'll be sure to pass your feedback on this though, but we hope that helps clear everything up.

If you need anything else, let us know 🙂

But that was not what happening with me... the state is overrided only in "one direction"

- change from cellphone to desktop: state is overrided (desktop get the state of the cellphone)

- change from desktop to cellphone : state is not overrided (cellphone keep its old state, ignoring desktop state)

I think the second behaviour should be the one to be used in "all directions"

OBS: Use off-line mode is not a solution... as i will be limited only to downloaded songs...

Suggested posts