Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app very slow and laggy

Spotify app very slow and laggy

I'm using Windows 8 on a premium plan. I've been using Spotify for 4 years with no issues, but the last few days the app has been horribly laggy and slow. It takes about a minute to 'load' the app, and it will often stop playing the song I choose, or just start playing something else instead. If I hit play/pause, or try to skip, it can take up to 1-2 mins to register it. When I get music playing, it plays with no problem, but as soon as I try to do anything on the app, it will lag like crazy. It works fine on my iPhone 6s.

I googled the issue and tried the following:

- reinstalling Spotify

- turning off hardware acceleration

- updating graphics card drivers

- rebooting system

No luck so far. Any other things to try?

4 Replies

Hey there @mightysparks

thanks for posting !

Please first check that Spotify has all permissions needed on your firewall or any anti-virus sofware you're running on your system.

Would be a good indication to check your account across other devices and networks to see if the issue presists.

In addition, i'd suggest trying to install the Microsoft version of Spotify to see if it works better.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Spotify seems to have all permissions on my firewall. I tried to download the Microsoft version but it won't let me add my PC as a device to install it to so I'm not sure what to do there.

I still have had no luck in getting this to work. I'm using the web browser as a workaround but as I am unable to use it as effectively, this is only useful as a short term solution and I really need some help to fix this. The app has continued to get even slower, now taking nearly 5 minutes just to load when I first open it.

The web browser has started to slow down for me now too. I have tried reinstalling again -- with no change. No other app or program on my computer is having any issues, so it's definitely something wrong with Spotify on PC but I still am unable to pinpoint the problem. This is getting really frustrating as I can't listen to most of my local files or any of my playlist radios on the web browser. The app on my phone is working fine, but has issues connecting with the web browser and PC app.

Suggested posts