Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app won't open Windows 7

Spotify app won't open Windows 7

Hi,

I've been struggling to open my Spotify app for my laptop.

My laptop recently automatically installed the update for the Spotify app but it wouldn't open. I thought I had to restart the laptop to get it to work but that didn't help. I then uninstalled the app and redownloaded it again. I reinstalled it but again it won't open. I have done this multiple times.

The web player still works online and on my mobile phone. I'm on Windows 7. I know it's an older Windows but have kept  the 7 because desired features on my computer get uninstalled with later Windows i.e. inbuilt Dolby Home Theater, but with previous Spotify updates that has never been an issue.

To be very clear I've reinstalled it multiple times and also restarted my laptop multiple times. I am a paying customer and specifically purchased Spotify to have it installed on my laptop with saved playlists so I can listen to music offline whenever I travel. 

I would like some clarity please as to why Spotify will no longer open. Is it even compatible with Windows 7 anymore. If anyone could give me some information or point me in the right direction, that would be helpful. 

3 Replies

Hey @-jamal-ritchie, welcome to the Community

Could you please run a Clean Reinstall? That should help 😉

Go to: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming and delete the folder Spotify there,Screenshot_25.png

Then go to: C:\Users\GrummDoes\AppData\Local and delete the folder spotify there as well.Screenshot_26.png

Hi, sorry for the long response. I tried doing this but it hasn't worked. 

From what I can see now, I think the App crashes on my laptop. I've also gone into properties and changed the compatibility to Windows XP Service Pack 2 as well as Windows 7 but neither appear to open it. Any suggestions? 

Hey -jamal-ritchie,

Spotify is at least at my place compatible with Windows 7 Professional 64bit on two machines.

Have you tried to open it as an administrator?

Suggested posts