Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify automatically change song & automatically starts playing.

Spotify automatically change song & automatically starts playing.

My spotify has several times without reason started to play randomly chosen music from the playlist that I'm currently listening to. Even if I pause a song in spotify and close the window, spotify starts to play music. It is really annoying listening to a song and suddenly spotify change it.

Help me! 😞

39 Replies

I've stopped my subscription with spotifail and started using Deezer, working as expected and wonderful customer support (better interface and even more songs).

Bye bye Spotify, good luck with your crappy software and support.

Spotify will randomly change my song, like if I'm listening o Linkin Park on my playlist it will suddenly change to the Katy Perry on my playlist. And no, I do not have a keyboard with media controls v.v

@nikkib317 - If you go to "Play Queue" do you see any of those tracks there?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Having the same problem as so many others. In answer to all of the normal questions:

I always use the most updated editions.

It has nothing to do with what keys I press.

It happens on my ipods as well as my computer, which is Windows 7.

Yes, there are songs in the queue, but the entire queue seems to change at random.

I have turned off hardware acceleration.

I have reinstalled.

I have restarted (obviously).

I have removed all files associated with other programs.

I have stopped all itunes based processes in the background and foreground.

I am relatively tech savy and have spent several hours deicated to this maddening problem. I wouldn't care as much if I wasn't paying for the "Premium" serivce. Seems to me like it is a bug throughout spotify. Anyways, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this soon. I don't want to end my subscription and work on my playlists somewhere else all over again. Also, Spotify needs to be careful  charging so much for a music service that can't even play songs. In fact, as I was writting this, my spotify skiped again. Can you say class action lawsuit?

I just started experiencing this issue in the last week.  A song will be playing and then in the middle of it, it will stop and Spotify will show that it isn't playing and is at an entirely different song and playlist.  If I click play queue before the problem happens, the song it switches to is not in the list.  It seems to always change to a track I listened to the day before, and it always goes back to the same track when it does this.

I have Spotify on an iPod, phone, a tablet, and two computers.  The phone app is able to control the computer's Spotify and I suspect that the phone app is bugging out and telling the computer to change tracks and stop playing.  I have uninstalled the app on my phone and will see if the problem goes away.

I am having this same issue but it is only on my phone, HTC DNA. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled. It seems to be getting worse. Previously it only happened to me once or twice a day, and only while I was at the gym. It does not do it when I am on the bus on my way to or from work. This issue needs to be fixed. I thought maybe it had to do with my headphones and went out and purchased new ones. Did not fix the issue. 

IF ANYTHING THIS MADE IT WORSE

Hey guys I tried turning off "Enable Hardware Acceleration" and IT WORKS. After you turn it off , restart spotify and everything wil be

good.

Im using spotify in my PC.

I'm having the same issue, already subscribed to this thread. do they have a fix on this? thanks

Hey All,

I had this same issue this morning. Nothing worked, and so I troubleshooted my audio settings and it turns out my drivers for my headphones had to be updated. I let the troubleshooter handle and install everything, and now my Spotify works again!!

This thread was created in 2012 and in 2017 there still isn´t a reply with a fix or an explanation from Spotify!!!!!

Is 5 years not enough?

I have this problem for the past 3 years in any device that I use. Home laptop, office laptop, office desktop, Kindle Fire and at least 3 different Android phones that I used Spotify in.

As I see in this thread the only hope is realy changing service provider... Is someone from Spotify willing to reply to this thread??

Try turning off wave navigation.

Try turning off wave navigation.  Go to playlist hit cog upper right corner and scroll down. Worked for me.

Do you mean "waze navigation" ?

Couldn't find this wave thing you mentioned...

Wave navigation, Sorry 

My spotify does exactly the same... Tried changing to another account and the problem stopped....

It is account related, I think spotify should take this thread seriously regarding that it is an 6year old thread...

Anyway, turning off: "waze navigation" worked ok for now.

same thing happened to me im listening to music than it changes to another song and when i paused it it plays without me doing it

My problem kept on going, but then I contacted support and they told me the account was comprimised.

Had to do some vertifications and now my spotify actualy works smooth.

It happens with me too.  Anytime I'm near my laptop with the latest updated version of spotify it continually recommends ( annoying pop up) to listen to on the laptop and then connects it by itself and start playing.

Suggested posts