Spotify can't play any songs

Spotify can't play any songs

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi

From 1 month i can't play ANY songs on my spotify desktop app. I downloaded it from official site, and at the beggining the app just don't play some songs, now any songs work. The icon of album or songs not show it, when i go on my playlist they just not loading and other stuff like that. It's seems the app is always online, i don't know.

I will put some screen of the problem. Driver is updated, tried many times to reinstall and i do every single things i found on google for fix this problem but nothing work

Thanks

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG

2 Replies

Hey there @orbee !

This a known bug with the desktop app and Spotify is investigating the issue. There is a workaround which seems to be working for some users. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope that solves the issue! Let me know if you have further questions. There is also an open issue about this here where you can track it and vote for it so it catches more attention. I hope this will get fixed on Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

Thank you man, had the same problem, couldn't play almost anything, couldn't see friends activity, swap devices etc

Now is working properly 😉

Suggested posts