Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

Plan

Premium

Country

Phillippines

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've been trying for so long to find a solution to this problem on my Desktop. I've already tried clearing the cache, reinstalling, logging in different accounts, but still the same error appears. When I press the play button, it will play for like 2 seconds, then it will go the next song immediately, and then to the next, and then to the next, then this pop up window will appear (attached file)

spotify.JPG
5 Replies

Hi there @davinnzycode,

thanks for posting !

Sorry to hear you're having an issue but no worries you've reached out to the right place.

Can you please let me know if this issue happends across all of your devices ?

Have you tried using your account on a different network/WiFi to see if it still continues ?

Most of the time, when a user i experiencing this kind of issue it accures due to:

- Devices not updated

- Audio drivers not updated

- Low quality connection

Let me know once you've checked all 🙂

This only happens on my desktop, I've tried playing it on my phone and my laptop and it works well except for my desktop.  I just cheked, and my drivers are up to date. We do have an average speed connection with 25mbps. 

Hi @davinnzycode,

thanks for the update !

If your others devices are working fine that means we're dealing with a specific device and not an account based issue.

Must say, poor interent connection can directly effect not just Spotify but any online app.

If this issue happends when using the Spotify Webplayer, i would suggets trying to clean your computer's history and temporary files as it can help "shake things up".

Other than that, for the Desktop app, you can use any Registry Cleaner app you can find in order to scan your PC for issue and fix them on the spot as you may have traces of old installation interuppting the app (reinstall the app after the regisrty fixes the issues it finds).

Hope this helps.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

I tried playing it on a spotify webplayer and it works! I don't know what's wrong with my desktop. I also tried installing Ccleaner to cleanup my registry, then it plays for 4-5 seconds, then the same error happens. 😞

Hey @davinnzycode,

Thanks for getting back to us and for trying that out.

Could you let us know which version of the desktop app you're running?

You can check this by opening Spotify, clicking on the three-dot menu in the top-left corner and then going to Help > About.

Thanks! Keep us posted.

Suggested posts