Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

'Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.' Error

'Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.' Error

So I know a lot of people have encountered this error before and I have checked all the possible solutions online. I hope someone can provide me a new solution that I haven't tried. I really love those songs, they are important to me (actually evey song on my playlist is important to me; what's life without music, right?) so I feel very upset and devastated right now.

A little bit of background information. I was listening to some songs normally and I have those on my playlist for a few years. Suddenly I have the problem of not being able to play them (so I know this is not due to regional problem). Besides, those songs are from Bee Gees, they should be available anywhere in the world.

Now, here's what I have done: Changing the output device Uninstall/Reinstall Spotify

• Changing the host file from system32 folder (I was supposed to delete some lines in the file but they weren't on mine)
  • Delete the local-files.bnk file
  • Restarting my computer/Spotify multiple times of course (and after every change I made as well)
  • Haven't tried using the window app but I don't think it would make a difference because those songs disappeared from my phone as well. It's like I cannot listen to those songs anymore. I also haven't tried using a different account but I've created some playlists and I have ~750 songs. I don't want to change my account.
Spotify Error.png
5 Replies

Hey there @kisc_0522!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community! We undersand how important music is we'd love to help you out here.

We're afraid that sometimes songs can be temporarily removed form the catalog even if they were available before.

You mention that the songs are not playable on your phone as well, could you check with a friend or a family member that's currently in your country if they're able to stream them?

You could also tell us your country and we can check for you from our end.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Elena,

Thank you for your reply. My friends who are in the same region with me cannot listen to those songs as well and I'm living in Australia. Although my friends from other regions (Vietnam and Malaysia) can listen to them fine. Can you have a look into that?

Thanks for the quick reply @kisc_0522!

We're afraid that we can confirm that the grayed out songs we see in your screenshot are currently not available in Australia.

This can happen if licensing agreements with the artist/labels, or ownership of rights, has changed.

But don't give up hope yet, the songs can reappear soon in the catalog. We have a bit more info about this here.

Let us know if there's anything else we could do for you.

Take care!

ElenaModerator

Good to know that it's the regional problem not only with my account. Thank you so much for your help! I hope those songs will be available again soon.

You're more than welcome @kisc_0522!

We'll be keeping our fingers crossed hoping that you'll get your tunes back in no time 🤞

You know where to find us if you have another questions.

Have a great day!

ElenaModerator

Suggested posts