Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Whenever I try to play music on spotify on my computer, it tells me the message "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." I have tried every solution on this site, youtube and google and nothing works. Its been this way for a long while. I'm at the point where im going to stop paying for and using spotify if its not fixed because if i have to input my own music, what am I paying for? Please help me.

5 Replies

Sorry to hear you're having issues! Could you give me an example of a song that you're experiencing this with, or is it happening to every song you try to play from your laptop?

If you haven't tried it already, I think doing a clean uninstall might help

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.
2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Install Spotify.

If what you're trying to play are Local Files, take a look at this guide and try some of the other troubleshooting options listed, that might be a good place to start!

These are the types of file types currently supported by Spotify:

• .mp3
    • .m4p (unless it contains video)
    • .mp4 (if QuickTime is installed on your computer

Let me know how it goes, and what other steps you've tried for this issue 🙂

Thanks for reading! If this worked for you, please mark this as the solution, this way others will be able to find the answers to their problems in the future! 🙂

this didnt work for me

I have the same issue.

I´m premium, windows 10, and some weeks ago spotify app started not playing.  Songs jump to the next every second or so and nothing is played.

I am also about to get rid of my premium account as I have tried uninstalling ... deleting local data and nothing have worked for me

tbh same. id rather use a different service then to have one that doesnt work

Still having the same problem just fyi 

Suggested posts