Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify can't play this right now.... (Then when?)

Solved!

Spotify can't play this right now.... (Then when?)

Plan

Free

Country

Italy

Device/OS

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

spotify wha.png

In many of my playlists many songs are slowly turning grey and unplayable ("Spotify can't play this right now..."), this is happening since 2-3 days ago, I am not sure. I have already tried re-installing/file clearing/whatever, no result. Same is happening on my phone. Now, I may be wrong, but I feel like this is somehow related to this. Spotify please be clear about the reasons why they are becoming unplayable. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@user-removed 

The owner/creator of the playlist used music files stored on his/her computer. That means only the creator can listen to them unless you got the same files as the creator on your computer.

Be sure to check this article to out to the more details about local files.

Let me know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey @user-removed! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Is this your playlist? Because these files are local files, that would explain why you can't play them.

Let me know how it goes!^^

Peace

@NicoNo, the tracks are not part of a playlist of mine.  Moreover, what do you mean with local files? I have no local music.

Marked as solution

@user-removed 

The owner/creator of the playlist used music files stored on his/her computer. That means only the creator can listen to them unless you got the same files as the creator on your computer.

Be sure to check this article to out to the more details about local files.

Let me know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

Hello,

I have the same issue for days now.

The solution you are providing seems weird, as I can't listen to songs in my release radar, a playlist which is created by spotify.

This issue has taken too long to be solved, spotify should find a slolution at last.

Premium account is full of problems.

Hey @liana81!

I'm sorry to hear this.

Am I getting it right that your Release Radar is full of Local Files?

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

No it is not. That is my point.

Release Radar suggests to me sone new songs that I should listen to.

I have nothing saved locally!

But I can't play almost anything in the Windows app, it keeps giving me the error: 'Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it'

Hello @liana81, Thanks for getting back to us! If you subscribe yourself to the following Ongoing Issue we'll keep you up-to-date. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/quot-Spotify-can-t-play-this-right-now-quot-Songs-st... No worries, we're working on it. If you have any questions in the meantime, please let us know. Have a nice day.

Hey @liana81, Thanks for getting back to us. We're currently investigating an issue where certain songs don't play. If you leave your vote and a comment on the page below you'll be kept up-to-date. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/quot-Spotify-can-t-play-this-right-now-quot-Songs-st... No worries, we'll get this sorted soon :) Have a nice day!

I have been receiving the same "Spotify can't play this right now..." for two days across songs and playlists. Nothing works. Just read this has been ongoing for some months now? I have a Premium account, using Windows 10

Suggested posts