Spotify can't play this song right now.

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Operating System 

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I opened Spotify on my desktop today and I couldn't play any songs. I get "Spotify can't play this song right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it" message and every songs skips. Although, everything works perfectly on my phone. I use the same network for both of them and I already tried re-installing Spotify and restarting my PC.

spotify kek.png
4 Replies

Hi there @Fragroth,

thanks for posting !

I suggest the following options :

- Uninstalling the app, using any registry cleaner app to remove traces of the app you might have then reinstall the app

- Tap your Win search bar and enter "command prompt", then type ipconfig/flushdns to see if that works

- Using this help page to clean out your cache

Bear in mind that i recommend (if possible) checking the account on a different network first, resetting your router/modem and checking out this solved thread regarding the same issue.

Keep me posted 🙂

Hi,

Many people having this issue. I have it across all my windows PCs. And all my friends too. 

I am very technical, did even a fresh windows 10 install. It continues there too. 

Please help! It's looking to be a common problem for many now. Only on PC Windows Software.

Hey @Crazyhank007 - help's here!

Could you confirm that you've tried the steps that @OneByBoo suggested earlier?

If none of those work, could you let us know if there's a pattern to this behaviour so that we can narrow down the issue? In other words, is this happening with all your songs, or does it only happen with certain songs (e.g. Liked Songs, local files, etc.)?

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

This also happens to me sometimes. The windows 10 app doesn't work properly too often.

I already reinstalled Spotify twice, cleared the cache, etc...

Sometimes is only a specific song, sometimes it's all the songs.
Songs in a playlist.

And spotify having no email/ticket system is appalling. I'm starting to look for alternatives to Spotify Premium. 

Suggested posts