Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify can´t play using NativeInstruments Interface

Solved!

Spotify can´t play using NativeInstruments Interface

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Never had Problems with the App but since i´m using Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S4 MK3 as my Interface it stopped working. All other Apps/Programms with sound outout working fine but when i try to play something in the Spotify app it just loops thru the Playlist without playing anything and says "Spotify can´t play.."

What i tried:

- Uninstall, reinstall using Website

- Uninstall, reinstall using Microsoft App Downloader

- Disable Hardware acceleration in App settings

- Deactivate all other Sound-In/outputs

- Deactivate exclusive mode in advance settings for Interfaceoutput

- Updated Interface driver

I´m desperate 😕

Unbenannt2.PNG
Unbenannt1.PNG
Unbenannt3.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Oh boi. I guess i just fixed it. With you help, of course!! 

Since everything worked fine plug and play after installing Traktor Pro3 Software i never look for additional driver. On the NI Website i just found a S4 MK3 ASIO driver. After installing it i was able to change the Bitrate and Hz. 24 bit 44hz was set without the driver and was causing the problem, from what i can tell now. I set the Samplerate to 24 bit 48 hz and Spotify is working again!!

So Happy 😄 

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey @Raffa6886 

Does anything change when you try setting your Traktor interface as the default for Spotify specifically - from your screenshots I see it's currently just "Standard"? 🙂

Did that start happening recently?

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Sebasty

Nope. doesn't change anything. I guess Standard is just what you choose as "Hauptlautstärke". So this should be ok. 

It never worked with the Traktor Interface. When i was searching for a solution i found several ppl having problems with external audio interfaces but non of the solutions worked for me unfortunately.

Thank you!

@Raffa6886 

It is true that there are some issues arising with Spotify and external audio interfaces.

Mostly the issue is with the device not being default (yours is), and occasionally the internal audio device seems to interfere in some way that it needs to be disabled in Device Manager.

Sample rate doesn't seem to be an issue either because your Traktor doesn't seem to be using anything higher than 96 kbps. (Sample rates higher than 192kbps don't work for Spotify, causing skips).

I would suggest trying if the web player works for you.

I'd like to think Traktor works just like a (glorified) audio interface without much restriction as of where audio is coming from.

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star

no problems with the web player of course. But still would love to have the app running again 😕

Marked as solution

Oh boi. I guess i just fixed it. With you help, of course!! 

Since everything worked fine plug and play after installing Traktor Pro3 Software i never look for additional driver. On the NI Website i just found a S4 MK3 ASIO driver. After installing it i was able to change the Bitrate and Hz. 24 bit 44hz was set without the driver and was causing the problem, from what i can tell now. I set the Samplerate to 24 bit 48 hz and Spotify is working again!!

So Happy 😄 

I'm having the same problem but with a Traktor S4 MK2. I just updated Windows and now this issue has popped up. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Hey @Aceevee 

Do you have this ASIO driver installed the other user found? Make sure the device's drivers are up to date as well, and check if Windows missed any updates.

If an update caused this, try looking if it's still a default interface Windows' Sound Settings. Scroll down in there, click on 'Other Sound Options' to reveal 'App volume and device preferences'.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

The issue seemed to magically fix itself after reinstalling Traktor and deleting some drivers I didn't need. Thank you for your help!

I also had this problem with Reaktor 6 from Native Instruments. I was just playing around with it and changed the audio setting's driver to WASAPI Exclusive Mode. Since then I couldn't play any videos from my computer or play music on Spotify, pretty desperate! After reading this community post, I thought I should set the sampling rate to the original, since I played around with it as well. But before that I wanted to see if a change in the driver setting would make a difference. Switched back to WASAPI Shared Mode and all my audio / video player work!!

Hi! I am trying to play from spotify app from my computer while Traktor Kontrol S2 is connected and the error says 'Spotify cant play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it'. The web player actually does work but it doesnt play songs with crossfade which is really bad for me in a party. can you help? 

Hey there, @inbar289 

Have you made sure that any of the drivers your Traktor needs is installed and up to date?
I'd recommend reinstalling Traktor as well as the Spotify app to give both of them a fresh start.

Let me know how you get on! : )

SebastySpotify Star

Suggested posts