Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify cannot read this song at the moment.

Spotify cannot read this song at the moment.

Hello there ! 

So I am using Spotify Premium, I am located in france and using Windows 10. It has been a while i've haven't used Spotify on my computer. 

The thing is, Spotify is working on my phone but ain't working on my computer. 

I usualy get a message like : Spotify can't read this song at the moment, if you got the file on your computer you can import it (something like that) 

The problem is, I got this message for every song I'm trying to listen to. 

Sometimes I dont get that error message, but all the songs from any kind of playlist are just skipping. 

I've tried to delete the storage files, unistall Spotify, disconect, reconect.. I've tried mostly all solutions I found.

If anyone has any solution for me, it'd be great ...

Thanks everyone ! 

6 Replies

Hello @Rawlic
Have you checked if, by any chance, you changed the location settings of your computer? Maybe you're using VPN apps or things like that which makes you computer look like you're connecting from a country which isn't supported for most of your songs.
Let me know!

Hello Frapo ! 

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately I do not use any kind of VPN, the computer location is still where it is suposed to be 😕

The thing is, that I cannot read anysong. Even thoses which I'm not usually listening at. 

Hi @Rawlic, I'm here to help and hope we'll find a solution for that! Have you tried to connect to your spotify from another PC? Does it work it if you do? This would be helpful to understand if the problem is related to your computer or your spotify account.

Well actually it is working everywhere else. 

Phone, girlfriend computer 😕 

I am actually lost, I really can't understand why it isn't working..

Alright then. So, the problem seems to be on your computer rather than your account. Try to turn off Hardware acceleration. You can find it on advance settings of spotify!

I've disabled it, still not working 😕 

Suggested posts