Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify cant play any songs at all

Spotify cant play any songs at all

Operating System

Windows 10Pro 64bit

My Issue

I have this problem since a few months. If i try to play any songs at all spotify sends me a message that says "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.". The issue is that its not a file from my pc but from spotify itself. No matter what song, track, radio play or podcast i choose, none works and it gives me always the same message.

I tried to do a clean reinstall, resync the files (even tho i dont have any) and some other like updating the sound driver. None of the things worked.

I got this problem only on my desktop. My phone or web-player works just fine. however booting it up from the web-player takes too much time to do all the time.

I really appreciate the help from y'all 
Desktop Screenshot 2021.12.06 - 19.11.34.01 (3).png

6 Replies

Hey! Thanks for asking in the community.

I see you have already tried the basic steps for troubleshooting. You should try a fresh login because sometimes it happens just because you are logged into multiple devices. That was the case with me. To do this, go to Spotify.com and scroll down to click "Sign Out Everywhere". This will log you out everywhere. Remember that you will have to save your library offline again.

After this, just to double-check, perform a clean install of the Desktop App from here. Log into your account on the Desktop App only and try playing anything. It should work just fine now and you can log in on your other devices. Keep us posted.

Throw a like my way or mark this as a solution if I helped. ‌😊

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @LeMazze,

Thanks for posting here.

The troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to add a few more.

In case you're using the app from our website, you can try downloading it from the Microsoft store and vice versa to see if that helps.

Just to double-check-are there any changes after trying these steps for a clean reinstall?

If the issue persists, you can try installing the app in safe mode. Does that make a difference?

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I tried the options that you recommended, however this did not help at all.

Same for me! This has been going on for a couple of months now. It works on my work laptop, my home laptop... but not my PC. All the settings on each are identical. No idea what's happening.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies.

Can you make sure that Spotify is whitelisted in your computer's firewall and antivirus? It's also worth restarting your routers to see if that helps.

Additionally, you can try clearing your hosts file by following the steps you'll find in this article.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SOLVED!!

I have restarted the program and the machine (win 10). I also did the longest version of removing Spotify and reinstalling. Nothing helped...

Until I made in Windows: start > setting > system > sound > Advance Sounds Options > scroll down bottom you will see Reset.  After resetting the win sound system it played all songs without restarting/-installing anything.

Suggested posts