Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify cant play this song at the time - driver issue? 384khz issue.

Spotify cant play this song at the time - driver issue? 384khz issue.

Plan

Premium

Country

AUT

Device

Windows 10 Pro, latest build, PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue
"Spotify kann dies zurzeit nicht abspielen"/(Spotify can't play this song at the moment)

I recently got a soundblasterX G6 external USB soundcard, and the problem occurs whenever i set the quality to higher than Dolby Atmos (for headphones) does on my PC. Currently i set the quality to max, which is 32bit, 384000 Hz - Dolby uses max 48000 Hz at 32bit.
So, whenever I activate 3D Sound "Dolby" in Windows, there is no problem at all. But it seems like pretty much all other options will lead to an error in Spotify. 
However, the all other sound at Windows keeps working perfectly, including the Spotify Web player. 
Also i can do a workaround: starting with Dolby active, then playing a song and whilst doing so switching to the preferred settings. For some reason spotify won't crash this way. 

Might be of use: Spotify is up to date, just as all other drivers. System: Win10Pro, i7 8700k @ 5 GHz, 48GB Ram @ 3200, RTX 3080, Spotify is non C: (M2 Samsung 970 Plus 1TB), Soundcard: SoundblasterX G6, Headphones: Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless (however in case used wired, of course); Sound Blaster Command installed, Firmware up to date as well;

I have tried to restart, to execute as admin, to use Windows troubleshoot (for what its worth). Dindn't solve the issue.   

EDIT: Some more research led me to another thread stating that spotify would work on 192khz maximum. Seems to work for me as well, but arises the question why this would be a limit in 2021?! I can't be the only one with a capable soundcard...

5 Replies

Hey @premiumuser7,

Thank you for reaching out to us in the Community, for updating us and for the feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

There's currently an idea - [Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thank you for response,

the mentioned idea, however, seems to be completely seperated from Spotify. I'm well aware that there other providers out there - just like amazon music HD, for example.

Also I even dont ask for higher res content, but solely for a high res device support.

Hey @premiumuser7,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

As you mentioned, Spotify currently works on a top 192 kHz.

If the idea mentioned above isn't what you're looking for, we recommend adding your own idea to our ideas board. Others can then vote for it and add to the conversation to show their support. You can find the steps to submit a new idea in this Spotify Answer.

You can also read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

If you have any questions, give us a shout.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

There's an obvious issue with Spotify?
Copy paste a vaguely apologetic response and direct the dissatisfied customer to the suggestions board.

It's not a feature suggestion, it's about making Spotify work even if your audio interface is set to something other than 129kHz

Hey @sindreg,

Thank you for your post and feedback. 

You can read more about how your feedback reach Spotify here.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts