Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect for all clients including desktops and libspotify enabled devices

Spotify connect for all clients including desktops and libspotify enabled devices

Hello Is this possible or should i post and idea about it . or ist one already 🙂

Spotify connect for all clients including desktops and libspotify enabled devices .

yes controll any spotify with any other spotify simple as that !

Unification of key functionality on all clients/devices

That would be cool to use the desktop or laptop during a party to controll the libspotify enabled squeezebox plugin .

I have tons of other interfaces but friends are comfortable with the Spotify interface .

5 Replies

As far as I am aware, Connect is planned to make it into the desktop client (I think it will go into all Spotify produced applications) however I am not sure about libspotify.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Please I really need the compatibility with both libspotify and/or Linux client and/or web client. So far the Linux client is VERY outdated, and no longer compatible with the new Spotify (shame on you guys). This means that synchronization features won't work either. I am forced to use the web interface lately, but it doesn't seem to be working with synchronization with tablet and phone. Neither libspotify compatible apps seems to work. Will there ever be an implementation for any of these points? Besides all, a new Linux client would be REALLY appreciated...

New linux client was released last week, but unfortunately due to build issues only for 64-bit systems.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Where the F is this feature.... It's been a year.... A freaking year since this was suggested. Spotify, get of your asses. Not everyone has a dedicated Bose or Pioneer system that works with your app. Some people have HTPCs set up in their living room that they stream your service off of. Why the hell doesn't your mobile app act as an on network remote. Step up you f'ing game.

It's a shame with those type of companies that are not listening to their customers 😞

Suggested posts