Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect stopped connecting. Devices show: "Cant play this right now"

Spotify connect stopped connecting. Devices show: "Cant play this right now"

spotdev.png

Plan -Premium Country - UK

Device  iPhone, pc win7, android

Operating Systems  ios12,  win7, android 6.0.1

Spotify connect devices : Robert;s 93i and aether cone.

Having had no problems with spotify connect in the past. As of 27/02/2019 the devices still show up but the device name is greyed out and the text "can't play this right now" is shown. Spotifycares twitter have not helped. On pc they gave me a premium test account which solved the issue on the pc for a hour or so but then the devices reverted to grey again. Another behaviour is that intermitantly the devices show up in bold as usual but revert to greyed out when an attempt to connect is made.

Anyone else experiencing this?

3 Replies

and today it has been fixed ... no need for uninstalls or change of accounts (as recommended by @spotifycares) - someone in spotify is aware and fixing things in the background..

This has just started happanaing to me. I'm haveing this issue with my ps4, alexa and echo and pc but not on my first gen fire stick. I've tryed logging out everywhere, restarting my router and all the devices, checked everything is uptodate but nothing is working. Has anyone worked out what's going on yet? It was fine the other day and then it just decided it diddnt want to work! 

I am also having this problem. Tried rebooting WiFi router and updating Spotify but it still says it can’t play on my other devices. The other devices are listed but greyed  out. It is really annoying!

Suggested posts