Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connecting to a browser playing and playing playlists randomly?

Spotify connecting to a browser playing and playing playlists randomly?

For a few days, sometimes, mid-listening, Spotify swaps to playing a random playlist (usually from the featured ones), and it shows that it's playing it on a Web Player. Any idea what might be happening? The only different place I accessed Spotify with than my home computer and phone was my work computer, but login was saved on my work PC account, so nobody has access to it, so it's not like someone else might be using my account. Anyone having similar issues?

3 Replies

Hey  @ShinoWasTaken

I suppose it's still worth going to your Spotify account, clicking on 'Sign Out Everywhere' and changing your password.

You'll need to remember your login credentials next time you're opening Spotify on your work computer, though.

In case it still does that, reply back... 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have removed all the apps linked to the account, signed out everywhere and changed the password (twice within few weeks) but it still change to a seemingly random radio on Spotify Web Player (which I have personally never used).

Any luck from your side?

Hey @dobrado123 @ShinoWasTaken

You have two users? Got me confused for a bit... :')

Anyway, another thing that might do that is the Autoplay function on the desktop app.This article explains the feature and how to toggle it on-off.

From my installation experience, it's on by default.

Let me know if you're still having trouble! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts