Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify constantly buffering/lagging

Spotify constantly buffering/lagging

i use the free version of spotify at work every day on windows 7 and have been using it for a good 6 months now. loved every minute of it until the last week!

the songs are taking forever to load now instead of instantly playing like they used to and even worse they are constantly stopping. i haven't had a song play all the way through for over a week now. it appears that the songs are buffering or similar however nothing on my end has changed lately. same computer, same internet speed (6mb/s from speedtest.net, not amazing but has been sufficient for a long time and can stream videos from youtube perfectly fine), no other new programs or settings.

so far i have been looking on the net for solutions and have so far, based on info i have found, i have tried turning hardware acceleration on/off, disabling my trend micro, doing a complete clean re-installation of spotify (including restarting the computer in between re-installation) and changing our dns server to 8.8.4.8 etc.  Nothing seems to have worked so far so does anybody have any other solutions they have tried and worked or is this not a problem on my end and the servers or something are being over taxed?? help please, this constant pausing/buffering is driving me nuts!!

83 Replies

idk, i'm still having problems.  While it's better than not working at all, i wouldn't say that its 100% where it should be.  Searching still takes too long, and I often find myself waiting 20-30 seconds just for one artist page to open up.  The music cuts out ocassionally too... and that just shouldnt happen -ever- with a service i'm paying 120 bucks a year for. 😕

THEY REALLY NEED TO FIX THIS ISSUE ASAP.

So I'm not sure from reading all this if this problem has ever been sorted!?!?

Family subscription, I'm using S8 plus and have reinstalled app a million times now. Laggs and buffers in between each song selection. Freezes completely on every use regardless of what I'm trying to do. Unable to download albums as just sticks on 1st song. 200MBPS internet download speeds. Really frustrating for 15 quid a month.

Hi everyone, 

I can see a lot of people had the same problem where music is constantly lagging. I am on a spotify premium and it is annoying that I cannot play not even one song without it failing. 

I treid to re-instal the app, tried on different devices and it is the same all the time. 

Was this sorted for anyone before? 

Suggested posts