Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify constantly says songs not available

Spotify constantly says songs not available

I have a spotify premium account and the player routinely cannot play ANY songs.  I will restart the application a number of times, but it will just do the same thing over and over and it happens almost every day.  This is unacceptable when I am paying for a premium account as I should be able to expect to listen to music on the desktop player whenever I open it and have a good wireless signal.  What gives?  Why do I seem to constantly recieve the 'This song is not available...' message when the song is available as I have listened to it before and have it on my playlist.

4 Replies

I am having the same issue. This is getting a little more than frustrating. 

Yeah I've noticed this recurrently over the past few days as well. It's not that literally NOTHING will play, but an unusual number of albums that are seemingly available will show "cannot play current track" for the entire album with a pretty unusual regularity. In fact I came on the forum specifically to complain about this but wanted to check if there was already an open thread on it first. Anyone know what's up?

I have the same problem but only on my desktop. Om my laptop it runs well with the same account. Anyone any idea ? Is it a setting problem  ?

Problem solved. Finally it appeared to be the antivirus software (Sophos) that blocked the streams. After excluding Spotify in teh AV software the problem was solved. Still strange that I have the problems only on my W10 desktop. On my W7 laptop I ahve the same AV software but Spotify gives no problems over there.

Suggested posts