Spotify continues playing, but no sound

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Lenovo x230, i5-3320, 6GB RAM

Operating System

Windows 7 x64 (Build 7601 Service Pack 1)

My Question or Issue

After 10-20 minutes of playing songs just fine, it stops playing the music (in the middle of the song).

Event-Viewer shows no errors or warnings at this time.

Once it stopped there is no other way to bring it back to life than to restart the whole computer. The progress bar of the song continues to play though. Playing another song does not help, it just ignores that i clicked it

The applications seems responsive so far, but it reacts like i have no internet connection (which is wrong, since e.g. i can write this report right now :D).

Closing and re-opening Spotify brings up a window "The Spotify application is not responding" (Attachment 1)

It almost seems like it's not even a timeout, the "Spotify aplpication is not responding" pops up less than a second after i click Spotify.

Switching audio devices does not help.

There are three spotify.exe processes running, two i can kill, one remains active.

Killing all except this one doesn't help either.

I can give you a dump of the process if you want, but i won't upload it here at the communitye, since it probably contains my login token cache.

It is very annoying, please fix.

Thank you.

spotify_att_1.PNG
1 Reply

I just found out, that there is no bass on my computer. After a restart it seems to be okay. I'm gonna elevate this problem to microsoft too as Spotify MAY be the cause of this bug, but not the bug itself.

The "Spotify is not responding" and not being able to restart bug is still a bug in spotify though, it doesn't happen in other applications.

Suggested posts