Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes when adding/removing tracks from playlist

Solved!

Spotify crashes when adding/removing tracks from playlist

So I'm listening to a Radio, a song comes up that I want to add to a playlist, I click on teh album art and select add to playlist select the playlist then BAM music stops, dissapears. I'm rocking a W7 with plenty of memory (8core) NO reason for it to crash.

Also went to play Que to add the song Still crashes

If you can help it would be appreciated cause I'm getting angry.

[Edit - Title for clarity - Mod]

601 Replies

0.9.1.57.ge7405149 on Windows 7.

Crashing when dragging from an artist Overview page to playlist.

(So how exactly does one escalate an issue?  As a paying premium member, I'd like to think that there is an official mechanism for logging bugs.)

Having the same problems here.

This has been occurring for the last few days on both my work and home machines, both os-x

i'm having the same issue. any way to resolve this yet?

Same issue. Windows 7

This also started happening to me today. Windows 7 64-bit.

Just starting happening to me too. Anyone experience this while not running any other programs? Getting kind of frustrating.

I'm having the same problem too.  I hope someone can report it as a bug (I don't have access).  It seems like the system is confused between "delete" and "quit" the app! 🙂  It's very hard to recreate but has happened to me three times today already.

Now it even crashes when I drag and drop a track to a playlist...

Crashing when adding songs to playlist by menu or dragging and also when deleting songs.

Same problem on two PC's with win7 64-bit and one with XP SP3.

Spotify 0.9.1.57.ge7405149

This is happening to me as well OSX 10.8.4

I've got the problem that PFZ has too, on top of it crashing when I delete music. (On Windows 7)

Hi everyone--thanks for reaching out about this. Our team is looking into this now. 

As soon as we've got an update we'll post right here. Thanks again!

I've noticed that it happens more after I  pause the player for a while. When I resume playback and try to add/remove tracks from a playlist, that's when the app crashes

It is definitely something wrong with the playlists. Spotify only crash when I add or delete a song in a playlist.

This has just started happening to me too..

Doesn't matter how I add to playlist or what playlist I add too. Right click and it fails, drag and drop it fails.

Win 7 Ultimate SP1

Spotify Version - 0.9.1.57.ge7405149

After the crash Spotify re-opens fine and loads my last listened to track which I can then add to the playlist.. However restart radio and then try to add again and it shuts down the app.

I am also having this issue (it just started for me this week).

It occurs:

- When trying to drag a track to a playlist (8/10 times)

- When listening to a song (2/10)

It happened to me about 15 times yesterday, and a handful of times today.  Really obnoxious!

A similar thing is happening to me, although I'm not listening to the radio. Whenever I try to add tracks to a playlist from the main streaming part of Spotify, the program freezes and I have to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out of it.

Version: 0.9.1.57.ge7405149

What and how: Several different tracks. I tried adding them by right clicking on them and selecting Add to, then choosing a playlist.

I hope you guys solve this problem soon.

I am really getting pi**** about Spotify for Windows... Every release since the 0.8.5. one is as worst as the release before. The program keeps crashing, it is slow as hell and nobody at Spotify seems to do something about it.

In the last days Spotify keeps crashing down when I remove played songs from a playlist while there is a song playing in that playlist. That's not normal and I never had that problem before! The whole program is slow, needs a minute to fully load so that I can search for something or play a song without crashing.

But hey, I know I am just a sheep which is paying a big company for a working program. But they probably just sit at their big desks at keep laughing at us dumb users who pay and pay and pay and they do nothing to fix the problems.

There is a really easy solution: go back to release 0.8.5. --> it worked and after that release it just gets worse and worse!!!

DO SOMETHING!!! Please!

@hanntoby You're not alone with this issue. I'm moving your post to join the others. Spotify is aware and hopefully there will be a fix soon.

@JesseCamilla That's a different issue. I'm moving your post into another thread where you'll see that Spotify is looking into this.

Suggested posts