Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes when ads are due

Spotify crashes when ads are due

Plan

Free

Country

Germany

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Sometimes when an ad is due, Spotify plays nothing, neither the ad nor the next song. It doesn't let me go back to the song but tells me the song will play after the ad. Only the ad never comes... This doesn't happen all the time but quite a bit. When it happens, the only thing I can do is to close Spotify and start it again.

If it doesn't play one ad it seems it keeps happening until I restart the computer.

Does anyone have the same problem or can anyone tell me what to do? It's quite annoying and I refuse to be bullied into paying for a Premium account ;-).

Thanks for your help!

Judit

4 Replies

I have the same problem and feel the same way. For 4 months not one problem...and I happen to have had Premium, as soon I went back to Free it crashes constantly when ads appear. How Convenient ??????????????

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

If you're still experiencing this issue, could you let us know if it's happening with a specific ad every time?

If so, we'll need the following info so we can pass it on to the right team:

• country
  • device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • name of advert
  • rough date of ad

Thanks! Looking forward to your replies.

Hey Spotify,
There are at least 2 ads that keep halting the music while streaming.
1) "Spirits in the Forest" It is an ad for Depeche Mode's movie release for this weekend.
2) Another ad is about Building blocks it features a man made of  Yellow Lego's and he is tearing his chest apart.

3) An ad for a college. I know that's not specific at all...sorry !  It does however feature a black girl with a light blue background.
I'm in the USA with a Windows 10 OS.
The locking up began around November 12th and is still happening. Especially with the first two ads that I mentioned.
Thanks for taking the time to look into this problem. I look forward to an improved listening experience.

G Wolf

Hey there @JuditK and @gwolfie1959,

Thanks for reaching out! That's not cool, so let's try some troubleshooting steps. 

Can you tell us what happens after you try these:

1. A clean reinstall (more effective than a quick reinstall).
  2. Playing Spotify in Web Player or on a different device.
  3. Check if the PC drivers are updated.
  4. Try running Spotify in Safe Mode. 
  5. Check the Firewall settings.
  6. Try a different network.
  7. Check your host files.

If these don't work, confirm all the steps you've tried so far and let us know your Spotify version.

Keep us posted! 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts