NEXT STEP

Spotify desktop App not updating liked songs

Spotify desktop App not updating liked songs

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So I have seen this issue before already, but wonder if there is an easier solution to it, as I don't want to deinstall and reinstall my desktop app every other week.

I can add liked songs on my phone and webbrowser spotify version and they show up for each other usually, but for the desktop app, it just doesn't update sometimes.

This apparently has been an issue for a long time now. Wouldn't it be easy to have a function like "update list" which will check if there is an updated version available?

4 Replies

Hey there @flotaku,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Most common issues can indeed be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way you can start afresh with Spotify on your laptop. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. 

If it doesn’t do the trick, we’ll provide you with further help. 

We'll look out for your reply. 

It's been 2+ years since that post, the same problem still constantly appears and there is no way to fix this reliably when reinstalling almost never helps and you just lose your settings and have to change back to disable stuff you dont want.

Hey @tsyki,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

This issue can have various reasons. Most of them are taken care of with a clean reinstall. If this hasn't worked out for you, you can try logging out and back in again a few times on the devices you're using your account on. Also check the network connections, try switching them with a mobile data hot spot from your mobile device or use a different wi-fi. This may help in resyncing Your Library across devices.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

There is no other way, even after a few years...you must redo your desktop app, i prefer winamp !!

Suggested posts