Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify desktop app and future direction

Spotify desktop app and future direction

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

What in the **bleep** is going on with the UI on the Spotify desktop? and why not spice it up a bit, the app too.

First of all, why try to make the desktop program so damn similar to the app that it takes away from the experience?

Secondly,  Why cant you scroll through your playlists when the album art is maxed out? Currently when the album art is maxed out it blocks all the playlist songs from being seen or scrolled.  

Thirdly, Recently played songs can't be deleted? And are INCORRECT! This is on the app as well and should be fixed already as it is a know issue.

Fourthly, I love Spotify but its not as good as Grooveshark was.  Here me out... Grooveshark had a much better social atmosphere (Curated Playlists by a single host, streamed live to anyone who wants to listen with opportunities for guests to follow and to comment on songs while the songs are playing and opportunities to suggest songs to the DJ, all real time) than Spotify has ever had or indeed will ever have if they continue being safe, without pissing off the community instead of taking risks every now and again. People like things new things, it keeps things fresh. Tell that to your boss. 🙂 Look at this UI from all the way back to 2015 it's fresh as **bleep**. Read the article too.

https://www.theverge.com/2013/4/22/4252314/grooveshark-broadcast-lets-anyone-be-a-radio-dj-wacky-int...

Fifthly, sorry about being so brash but I just want Spotify to change for the better and it sucks to see it not working to its full potential.

Thanks for reading my rant.

Twdll

2 Replies

Hey there @twdll

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestions with the Community. 

If you think other users might also like them, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work. We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂 

It's currently possible to scroll through the songs in a playlist and the playlist section on the left when using the desktop app, even when the album art is expanded. In case this feature isn't working for you, we recommend running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your PC. This tends to solve issues with the app's performance. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Hello, its not that its not working it just does not work well when the album cover is maxed out. It seems like an extra step to minimize the album cover before you get to scroll and see all your playlists. Just thinking that it could be more streamlined.

Suggested posts