USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10 build 17134.472

Spotify Desktop App Version

1.0.96.181.gf6bc1b6b

My Question or Issue

In the last few weeks, spotify has been freezing my computer. The symptoms are as follows. Intermittendly, Spotify will stop playing mid song. My ram usage will then begin to climb until the system ram is completly exhausted and the computer crashes. I have tried reinstalling Spotify, this does not resolve the issue. I have run multiple RAM health checks on my system and no errors have shown. Does anyone know what may be causing this issue and a potential solution? Since this has only recently start I have to assume either an update to either windows or Spotify has caused it, or my hardware is failing.

Thank you.

1 Reply

Hey. I had a similar problem on a freshly installed Windows 10 (Spotify 1.0.96.181).

What kind of sound card do you have? In my case, the problem was the Realtek HD Audio drivers, which the system installed automatically. I removed these sound drivers and installed drivers from official Realtek website (HD Audio Drivers 2.82). Currently, there is no longer a problem with stopping playback and increasing the use of RAM by Spotify.

Have you already solved the problem?

Suggested posts