Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify desktop app

Spotify desktop app

The spotify desktop app is all around an amazing app!

Although i find my self not being able to broswe playlists or search for anything cause of an error that makes the app loading for a long time (you know that circle thing with the dots thats spinning).Dont know why is this happening.My internet connection and my pc are fine and i know many other people that have the same problem with me (some of them mac users also).Please spotify do something about it!

Jim Karikis
2 Replies

In Jan 2018 I allowed Spotify to auto-update to verison 1.0.72.117 on an older PC I don't use very much.

The result of that 'upgrade' was that it no longer would finish loading to a log-in prompt page, but just forever showing a black screen with the spinning gadget. I couldn't find any google results for others who were having this problem specifically this with the latest version which was released Jan 17, 2018.

I thrashed around uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting every instance of Spotify from the machine and it's registry with multiple reinstalls (of that latest version) all to no avail.

I happened to also be carrying my laptop which has been working fine to fully load the Spotify PC app. I loaded up Spotify there and clicked on Help-About and discovered that it was running the previous version 1.0.70.388-successfully on that laptop.  Hmm, wonder if its a version problem ?

I had a bit of trouble finding an archive site which had all the older versions but eventually found https://www.filehorse.com/download-spotify/old-versions/ which listed 1.0.70.388 with a download link.

I uninstalled the new version once more and installed that previous version and Ta-Da, Spotify loads perfectly now almost with no delay to my log-in screen and once logged in all of my Spotify account is intact and complete.

I've seen this before with the latest and greatest version of all kinds of apps choking when the older version worked just fine. Since I'm running a Win 7 Pro OS on this older AMD based machine, maybe its a Microsoft update or some other conflict?

Anyway try an older version if your latest Spotify 'upgrade' version stops loading. 

Cheers and good luck getting Spotify back again!

So you could either try clearing the cahce by going into folers than This PC>(C:) Drive>Users>[Your user name] (ex. Jeff)> AppData>Local>Spotify>Storage than delete all folders in this. This will delete all downloaded music. Also under view click hardware acceleartion this is know to restart the app and fix some problems. Hope this helps.

Suggested posts