Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify desktop scrobbling to last.fm only when the phone app is running.

Spotify desktop scrobbling to last.fm only when the phone app is running.

Operating System

Android / Windows 10 (1.0.85.259.g4ab01679)

My Question or Issue

My spotify desktop app sometimes (most of the time) won't scrobble to last.fm nor display the current music in Discord. Everything is configured properly (Last.fm with that new integration and Discord connection. And already tried to revoke and reconnect both).

The thing is: when I open the spotify app on my phone, everything works fine again for some time.

This is a strange behavior I've been facing for months now.

I wonder if this is some kind of mechanism to prevent duplicated scrobbling when two instances of spotify is open (desktop and phone) so one app stops scrobbling.

3 Replies

Hey @DevNvll, welcome to the Spotify Community!

It's odd that this happens. Try logging out and back in on the desktop app when you notice that it's not scrobbling. Also, let us know the exact Spotify version you're running on both devices. 

Keep us posted. 

Didn't try to login out and in from my account before because I thought closing the app had the same effect. My bad. I'll give it a day and post here the results.

The phone app version is 8.4.63.584 armV7

the desktop app is 1.0.86.337.ga8d5cef9

Hey @DevNvll.

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Let us know if logging out and back in helps. If not, you can try unlinking your last.fm account and linking it back to see if it makes a difference.

Let us know how it goes.

Suggested posts