Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify does not play with external speakers (desktop)

Spotify does not play with external speakers (desktop)

Plan

Free

Country

Belgium

Device

Asus Rog Strix G

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi,

my spotify starts skipping every song when i have my desktop connected to an external speaker system, when i play it with the built in speaker prom my asus it has no problem yet the music quality sucks compared to the external speakers.

My extrenal music speakers have no problem playing from any other music source (youtube, stored music, mixing program), so i do not think it will be a conenction problem.

Im using 2 krk studiomonitors connected to my pioneer mixing pannel wich in turn is connected to my asus via usb.

5 Replies

Hey @kenzo1612 

This is most likely caused by Spotify stuck to using the internal soundcard instead of your Pioneer. Windows 10 allows users to choose what applications use which audio outputs and that's where I recommend to take a look. Check out this HowToGeek article for more information on that. 🙂

Let me know how you get on!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Not working. Webplayer is playing Spotify without problems. App is saying that we are playing through webplayer so I can control on other devices but it's ridiculous that this is not working anymore. 

Hi there @One23,

Thanks for the reply.

Have you tried changing the default playback device on your windows system. You can do this by going into Windows Settings > Sound > Output

You can also try selecting a specific output device for Spotify from the same Settings panel, scroll further down and you should see Advanced Sound Options > App volume and device preferences. From there you can choose your preferred audio output.

Let us know if that makes any difference.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

After years of frustration. I finaly found a workaround. For some games I play I use an Android emulatoron my system NoX-Player. One of the current problems I am experiencing is that the webplayer (Which works) can't play hi-quality audio anymore. If I nstall Spotify on my eulator I can use my external soundcard (Native Instruments S4 MK3) and I also can tick the quality settings inside the app. 
It's still a workaround but I thought I could help someone. Especially if you are already running an Android Emulator on your PC.

Best regards,

Patrick

Just a quick follow-up. I thought webplayer was only playing back at 128kbps but this is not true if you are a premium subscriber according to this article: https://thenextweb.com/news/how-to-stream-spotify-at-the-best-possible-quality

Suggested posts