Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify does not see my devices

Spotify does not see my devices

My Question or Issue

Purchassed a bluetooth adapter for my desktop.

It sees both amplifiers, recognizing and connecting immediately.

Start up Spotify (Updated) and Spotify does not see either one.

I am forced to use my cell phone to connect.

There has to be a solution, right?

8 Replies

Tail-wagging hello to you PENicholson!

Spotify uses your network to discover and connect to available devices. When you connect a Bluetooth adapter to your desktop, it creates a new Bluetooth connection, which may not be recognized by Spotify, your network or your computer's operating system. 

Alternatively to 
get Spotify to recognize your computer as a device, you can follow these steps:

1. Open Spotify on your computer and log in to your account.
  2. Make sure your computer and your device (such as your phone or tablet) are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
  3. Open Spotify on your device and log in to the same account as on your computer.
  4. In the bottom-right corner of the app on your device, click on the "Devices Available" button.
  5. Your computer should appear in the list of available devices. Click on it to connect.
  6. Once connected, you should be able to control playback on your computer from your device.

If your computer does not appear in the list of available devices, you may need to check your firewall settings to make sure that Spotify is allowed to communicate through the network. You can also try restarting both your computer and your device, or reinstalling the Spotify app on both.

Don't leave me in the doghouse, keep me informed!

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you.

Perhaps I did no explain well.

Computer cnnects well to both devices.

Spotify does not.

Computer seees both amps.

I did try having cellphoe and computer on same WiFi,

and operated Spotify from desktop by selecting iPhone as device.

Spotify saw iPhone but not the amps, neither one.

It does work, but it would be preferable to not need the iPhone in the mix.

So far, the computer can send sound to both amps when 

listening to any web source, just not Spotify.

Quite a conundrum. 

Pawsitively great to hear from you again!
I understand the issue better now. It sounds like a problem with Spotify itself, as it's not recognizing the Bluetooth adapters that your computer is connected to. You can try the following steps to troubleshoot:

1. Check if your Bluetooth drivers are up to date. You can do this by going to Device Manager and checking for updates.

2. Make sure your Bluetooth adapters are set as the default audio devices. You can do this by going to Sound settings in Control Panel and selecting the Bluetooth adapter as the default device.

3. Try disconnecting and reconnecting the Bluetooth adapters, and then restarting Spotify.

4. Check if Spotify is up to date. You can do this by going to the Spotify website and downloading the latest version.

I hope one of these solutions works for you, if not ill fetch more info!

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star

Cute puppy logo. Six cats here. Love all animals.  Thanks for the tips.

Will try all of that and get back soon.

Ok.

Spotify now talks to amps.

Only drawback now?

Desktop at startup atomatically pairs with them. Good.

Bluetooth is set as primary output for desktop.

Spotify still does not see them, but..!

Going in o Bluetooth settings (Taskbar, bottom right) I click Disconnect, 

then Connect, and all is well. !!! Good!

(Spotify sees it as This Computer)

Only remaining hiccup/question is:

Why can't Spotify automatically sense this connection, OR

why must I always go hrough the extra sstep of disconnect/reconnect?

It is good that the system works, though 🙂

Howldy again PENicholson!
It's possible that there is a setting in your computer or Spotify that is causing this issue. You may want to check if there are any settings that are preventing Spotify from automatically connecting to your Bluetooth device.

One thing you can try is to set your Bluetooth device as the default audio output device for your computer. This way, when you start Spotify, it will automatically use the default audio output device, which should be your Bluetooth device.

To set your Bluetooth device as the default audio output device, you can follow these steps:

1. Click on the Windows Start button and type "Sound" in the search bar.

2. Click on "Sound settings" from the search results.

3. In the Sound settings window, scroll down to the "Output" section and click on "Choose your output device".

4. From the list of available output devices, select your Bluetooth device and click on "Set default".

5. Close the Sound settings window and open Spotify. It should now automatically use your Bluetooth device as the audio output.

Let's chase after that solution for you,

-Prague the Dog 😄Defualt playback.png

PragueSpotify Star

Hi, im still having issues with my spotify. The desktop version does not sync with my phone, but syncs only on the web version and on my macbook everything works fine. Ive reinstalled about 6-7 times now. This issue has been going on for about over a year and I dont know how to resolve this - ive tried every single option from these threads and nothing seems to be working

Also still having this issue

Suggested posts