Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro

So I recently got this issue on my PC. It works fine on my Mac and my iPhone, but when I play songs from my main playlist on PC, Spotify jumps to random Stevie Wonder songs (that I have never listened to before) after finishing a song in my playlist. I have to manually play next song from my playlist and once that one is finished it jumps to another random song again.

So to be clear; this is not an issue where someone else is starting random songs on my account, I'm not logged in on any other random devices during playback. The songs never change mid-playback but a new Stevie Wonder song is selected at random whenever a song in my playlist is finished. I can trigger this manually as I have done in my Youtube-example.

Most likely me being silly and missing something here 🙂

I have uploaded a video that demonstrates this;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlpPvYhuZTk

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Nexus57

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

On the video it looks like it's not playing from your playlist anymore - the pause button next to the playlist title changes back to play button when the Stevie Wonder song starts playing.

Could you check your queue? Click the Queue symbol icon_queue.png in the bottom-right corner. If there are any Stevie Wonder songs, you can remove them. 

If it doesn't help, or there are too many songs, you can perform clean reinstall of your Spotify app. Just follow the steps provided in this Article

I hope it helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Nexus57

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

On the video it looks like it's not playing from your playlist anymore - the pause button next to the playlist title changes back to play button when the Stevie Wonder song starts playing.

Could you check your queue? Click the Queue symbol icon_queue.png in the bottom-right corner. If there are any Stevie Wonder songs, you can remove them. 

If it doesn't help, or there are too many songs, you can perform clean reinstall of your Spotify app. Just follow the steps provided in this Article

I hope it helps!

That solved it 🙂 Thanks a bunch.

Hi @Nexus57

I'm glad it worked out for you 🙂

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts