Announcements

Spotify doesn't open with Gimp open

Highlighted

Re: Spotify doesn't open with Gimp open

Hey @hikeon,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Could you also try installing the version of the app from our website and let us know if the issue persists? If that doesn't fix things, it would be really helpful if you could include a video of what you see. Just make sure that there's no private/sensitive info displayed. You can use the Insert Video option in the post editor to upload it.

Keep us posted if you have any questions.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi there,

OP here, thanks for the attention.

When using the store version (1.1.41.634.gc2c73ca7 (Microsoft Store version)) The previously mentioned problem persists

I have uninstalled the store version, and installed via the link in the last post, but when doing so it seems to automatically install the store version: 1.1.41.634.gc2c73ca7 (Microsoft Store version) - again.

I have now followed the instructions in the first message from Mihail:

I have done a clean uninstall and deleted filed in appdata, a restart.

Checked hosts file and nothing in there related.

I tried the link again, downloading from the website - not MS store - and this continues to install the store version (1.1.41.634.gc2c73ca7 (Microsoft Store version) - from the About Spotify in Settings)

I tested this non the less and the problem persists as explained in the original post, if GIMP is open, Spotify fails to open. Once GIMP is closed, it opens instantly

I have uploaded a video to show what happens - being able to open Spotify before GIMP is open, trying once GIMP is open (with no luck) and how it opens once GIMP is closed

I have also tested this between two different devices and this happens on both.

I hope this is of help. If you have any other questions I'll do my best to answer them

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I am able to open the downloadable version fine even with Gimp running. I didn't have the problem that Katuen had where installing the downloadable version somehow installed the Store version.

Mihail, maybe you could just try reproducing this with the store version? It should be easy to reproduce.

That said, I'm on the downloadable version now and will never use the store version again, so 🤷‍♂️
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I do strongly prefer the store version of Spotify, it's just a shame that this one, very specific bug, happens, as it still catches me off guard at times.

As before @Mihail I am more than happy to provide anything more if it's of help or for me to test things if needed

SUGGESTED POSTS