Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't play selected song, but instead the first one from a selected artist...

Spotify doesn't play selected song, but instead the first one from a selected artist...

Hi guys,

I was hoping that you will be able to help me. I have been using Spotify for several months now. Since a couple of days I have the following problem. When I go to one of my artists' directory and try to play one of the songs I saved Spotify wouldn't play the selected song but plays the first song in the artist's list. What's peculiar about it is that it doesn't behave the same way concerning my created playlists (e.g. it plays the selected song if it's in a playlist).

What I do now is: I play the selected song (in the artist directory), Spotify plays the first song from the same artist, I right click on the song I want to hear and add it to queue, click next song and after this whole stupid process I can finally listen to the song I want to hear.

What would you advice me to do to be able to play the song I want to hear?

Thanks in advance. 🙂

8 Replies

Been having this same issue since last night, mod reply/solution would be greatly appreciated. Tried a clean reinstall and that didn't fix it, but playback works fine on mobile

I am having this problem as well. Just noticed it today. I also tried a clean install. No change. Very annoying.

@Vertigo325 wrote:

Been having this same issue since last night, mod reply/solution would be greatly appreciated. Tried a clean reinstall and that didn't fix it, but playback works fine on mobile

Yup, same thing started happening to me today on desktop. Mobile is still fine.

Indeed, I've been having the same problem, and it does it for albums as well, playing the first track from the album regardless of which one you choose to play and forces you to skip through the list to the one you want. Similar to yourself, it doesn't do this for playlists however. Hopefully it's an issue that gets fixed soon.

I have this problem as well, it's new and I assume it's a bug.

I'm beginning to dread Spotify updates, the player is getting worse and worse sadly 😞 I'm pretty sure you were able to search for tracks in your playlist, which doesn't work anymore, and now I can't even play a specific song...

Yeah... ****ed up.

I also tryed the clean reinstall. Nothing changed sadly.

A solution from the service centre of Spotify will be great.

I do have the same issue for two hours now. Spotify plays random songs in all the albums I saved, instead of the chosen one. Working fine for the playlist,though.

Mobile version is fine.

It's coming from Spotify, for sure.

I've been having the same problem as well. Pisses me off so much. If I was the CEO of Spotify, the engineers responsible for this bug would be fired with no exception. 

Suggested posts