Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't save "Shuffle" anymore

Spotify doesn't save "Shuffle" anymore

For a long while if i ever pressed Shuffle Spotify would always save it and always keep the playlist shuffeled whenever i start spotify again. Now it doesn't. It's annoying as all **bleep** to have to press that button eveyr time i start the PC or my phon when i never needed to before.

5 Replies

Bump

I have the same problem can someone please look into this

Same, but only on phone (android).

I have repeat all and shuffle always on, but now it wont stay on as i play a random song or queue a random song from the same playlist. Its so f'in annoying.

Having the same problem; only on mobile. Spotify desktop for PC and for Mac both still remember how I like it, but my android device doesn't anymore. Only started happening recently.

I have the same issue.

I figure it's because of how state is saved on exit, which doesn't occur properly when you exit from the toolbar or shutdown the pc.

I've fixed it (at least temporarily) by switching off the option to Minimize to tray when Exit is clicked, then making sure Shuffle is enabled, then exiting the application.

This should cause a normal exit and state saving in any decent application.

Now when I open the application again Shuffle is selected (how long this lasts I've yet to test).

Once that's done you can re-enable Minimize on Exit.

Like I suggested I haven't tested this for long, but it may help.

Suggested posts