Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify don't remember last played song or queue list on restart

Spotify don't remember last played song or queue list on restart

When I've a long list of queued songs and/or playing from a playlist and I turn off Spotify or my computer and the app won't remember the queue or the last song in a playlist I played from recently.

Sometimes it starts up with a song and queue that I played from way more than a week back instead of what I played from the last time I was on.

Why doesn't spotify save itself before it turns off and start up where you left? This is a basic feature that we should be able to rely on.

3 Replies

Surely I can't be the only one with this problem? It's frustrating as **bleep**. EVERYTIME spotify restarts it doesn't remember what song I played last or my queued list. 

This is something that needs to be fixed! 

I have the exact same issue since a long time already. Now the queue seems to be empty but I just have to click on any song and my queue is suddenly there again.

This has been a long time. Sometimes spotify opens empty. Then you have to click song on album, playlist or something to play. Then if you had que left when last time exit spotify, it will appear from nowhere -1 track (the first track is "played"). If que new songs to emptyness, they seem to go NULL, but...in fact they show up in que once it appears visible. I have made a playlist that changes all the time: nice to have next songs are backuped in playlist. Also when add some song to playlist it appears as "next songs" if it (NS) doesn't exist already. Very annoying behaviour. Does spotify think people listens playlist, album or artist all the time ? Que is like DJ, playing next something that fits in the mood.

Suggested posts