Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify dont respect new win10 audio settings

Solved!

Spotify dont respect new win10 audio settings

hi, so about 4-5 months ago win10 got an update wich allow the user to set wich audio device to use for individual apps, and it worked for spotify back then, now a month ago spotify got an update and it suddently stopped respecting the new audio settings, anyone have a fix for that? or know whats up with it? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi zentrobi, welcome to the community!

Have you tried fully restarting Spotify (right click system tray icon then Exit)? Upon starting it again, Spotify should be targeting the correct media device.

If this doesn't work, I would try doing a clean installation of Spotify.

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this issue, therefore a reinstall may solve your issue.

Thanks, and good luck!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi zentrobi, welcome to the community!

Have you tried fully restarting Spotify (right click system tray icon then Exit)? Upon starting it again, Spotify should be targeting the correct media device.

If this doesn't work, I would try doing a clean installation of Spotify.

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this issue, therefore a reinstall may solve your issue.

Thanks, and good luck!

i ende dup making a dubble installation of the audio driver and then just using the extra one, didn't help to restart or make clean installation of spotify, turns out that one audio output is forever doomed to be used by spotify

Suggested posts