Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify failed to migrate some of your data.

Spotify failed to migrate some of your data.

Everytime I start up Spotify I get a little box that says "Spotify failed to migrate some of your data." It started about a month ago and I ignored it until it got annoying. Now when I start up Spotify it appears invisible on the taskbar next to the application itself.

Also why do I two Spotify's? 

spt1.png
sp2.png
4 Replies

I have four PCs at home and have the exact same problem on the two PCs on which Spotify has been installed/used for both users

I did some tweaking and figured it out. I got this notificaton after installing Spotify through the windows app store. I uninstalled it and then downloaded it through the spotify website and the notifcation stopped appearing for me.

What if i can't unistall the app? In my PC I'm trying to unistall, but the same message pops up and it doesn't unistall, it just open Spotify...

I built a new win10 machine yesterday after Anniversay update it included Spotify from the Microsoft Store. After launching the built in version it said 'Spotify cannot run, hardware requirments not met'. Used an installation file from Spotify to install fresh copy but the Microsft Store version 'took over' anyway and the 'migration error' started to appear.
Other machines on my network running spotify-direct versions now also started to get the same 'migration' error since this morning - and the main Spotify PC even got a blue screen of death 'Kernal Security Error' when launching Spotify.

Suggested posts