Spotify for india does not have some songs

Re: Spotify for india does not have some songs

isaumyam
Composer

Hi, 

I can completely understand your problem and anger. I've already explained this issue greatly in another thread which you can read here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Why-am-I-unable-to-listen-to-some-albums-when-I-m-in-India/...

hritikghatge007
Music Fan

You can't change country when subscribed to premium , cancel your subscription first then change the country .

hritikghatge007
Music Fan

Court denied the injunction of Spotify , they still can't use their catalog

isaumyam
Composer

I'm sure Spotify will figure out a way to get the deal with Warner. It's just a matter of time.

Amitabh
Regular

Quick update: because of that letdown I contacted Spotify that day and had my subscription cancelled. I got the refund within seconds. So kudos to them for amazing service. 

I've reactivated my Google play music subscription for now. Will be using the free version of Spotify for podcasts till they sort out their issues.

VandanaMK

Spotify has reported 1 million new subscribers in India only after 1 week of their launch. So surely Spotify is not a failure in India. Spotify is using the old Indian law(Copyright Act 1957 Section 31D) which allows Spotify to get license without permission of copyright holder i.e Warner Music Group. So within few months all songs may be available in Spotify. 

isaumyam
Composer

@VandanaMK it won't work as Court has already denied Spotify the 31D. Let's see what happens but yes in a few months hopefully it will be fixed. Also considering the music space in India, 1 Million is really a tiny number. But when Spotify fix the problem with Warner, they will get more subscribers.

Interesting article to read: https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/4/18250563/spotify-india-one-million-subscribers-tiny-dent-music-mar...

Highlighted

mgp14

Coldplay - Yellow is not on Spotify India!! Good that I started the free trial. They took so long to launch and this is a real shame. Anyway, will be switching to the free version before my trial ends.

ColdFustion

Almost the same happened to me. I purchased it the next the day it got released in India. But unfortunately there wasn't many of my favorite artist songs (Lil Pump,Ed Sheeran,Charlie puth,clean bandit, Black,Calvin Harri,Gucci Mane,David Guetta,Ty Dolla $ign,Anne Marie,Bhad Babie,clean bandid,lol di**y, Lil Uzi vert and so many). And now I regret buying 1 year Spotify premium :(

aneerban
so true!!!!!!!!! All Ed sheeran songs are missing! I mean it shows that ed sheeran is on top of top songs list but no ed sheeran songs! Not even the new ones! Like a song that was on spotify top charts isnt even available for listening in india! how is this possible? Pls add ed sheeran songs!
SUGGESTED POSTS