Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify gets stuck on ads?

Spotify gets stuck on ads?

Whenever I open Spotify on my desktop, my music will play for a few songs, then it gets stuck on an ad. It gets left at 0:00. Clicking the play button or trying to play a new song doesn't fix it. I have to reboot everytime it gets stuck? Any solutions? ;.;

17 Replies

Try unistalling it, then re-installing it.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, but it has kept happening.

I like how the exact same problem that I have is the one that doesn't get any feedback...Brilliant...Just brilliant

Same problem here, do they not care?

Same problem here, but on the iPhone 5s. Worked great until recently when updated to iOS 10 and most recent Spotify version. Tried reinstalling many times - doesn't fix it. Please help!

Still in 2017, spotify freezes on ads on the ps4! Spotify sucks!!!

I'm having the same problem. It's happening on Samsun Galaxy - I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and it isn't happening. Everytime I open it, it's stuck on an ad - it won't play at all. 

I hate to be another 'same here' comment without being of actual help... But... Same here.

Same here, seems to be alaska airlines ad. Hope they are reading this... great PR.
Hey spotify, do you realize that some of your new customers are coming from referrals? I'm now thinking twice about referring.

I thought I was stupid by not able to figure out the already pretty lousy UI of this app on iOS.  But looks like it's a common bug.  Nice work looping us ads!  Uninstalled the terrible software.

I am having the same issue and no response from the Spotify team other than a stupid comment stating " Congratulations you have a new rank in the Spotify community " what the heck is THAT for a response to an issue with their product? free or not too much frustration for me...and no solution what so ever sorry I am of no help to you either

I FIGURED IT OUT
So my Spotify suddenly got stuck on this KFC ad. The app was unusable but I eventually figured out a workaround:

1. Login to the Spotify web player from any browser.
2. Check the bottom of the page for a notification like "you're playing from..." and select the web player option.

Step 2 did it for me as my the app on my phone started working again. Casting Spotify to my Chromecast threw me back into the ad loop again so I just won't use that for now. Till then catch me at KFC!

Here's another easy way to get out of an ad that won't go away. What i did was get to a song and spam the refresh tab button then repeatidly pushing the play button on a song, after a few tries it worked for me.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I should not have to jump through so many hoops (which, I might mention, have not worked so far - none of them) to play my stinking music. My player is still stuck and now I'm being forced to start a new account just to listen to music. Get on this Spotify; nobody wants to use your service when it doesn't work!

January 26 of the new year (2018) and this has happened at least four times the other day and at least four times today. So, as I figured, they just want me to go ahead and listen to the ad before my music will consume. So, I did. As soon as the ad finishes it takes me back to my music. That is, the ad pops up in a new window. Then when you go to your Spotify app the music is ready to play. 

Disclaimer: Yes, I am on the free version, but believe me, I totally do intend to upgrade to the pay version. Hopefully, I really won’t have this hiccup then.

cb

New to this Spotify thing because my favorite Twitch streamer uses it.  I followed him and have been listening to his playlists, but when using the desktop ap, songs won't play because "the selected song will play after this ad"... which the ad never plays.  I log out, back in numerous times and there is no reason to unintsall and reinstall.  It's good on mobile, but the app AND web player always gets stuck on an ad.  For how long has this been going on and STILL no real solution??

Suggested posts