Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify grey screen.

Spotify grey screen.

Basically what the title says.

Every time since yesterday when i try to turn on Spotify all i get is a grey screen and nothing else happens. Ill add a screenshot.

I have seen other people have this problem and tried various solutions yet none of them have worked so far.

What have i tried:

Turning Hardware Acceleration On/Off

Running spotify as Admin and in several compatibility modes

Adding  "--disable-accelerated-layers --disable-accelerated-fixed-root-background" to the target box in properties

Run this command line

%APPDATA%\Spotify\spotify.exe --disable-accelerated-layers --disable-accelerated-fixed-root-background 

Checked for any system and driver updates. (everything was up-to-date)

Uninstalled and reinstalled spotify like 3 times

Installed some sort of old spotify (or something like that. basically the icon had a more like yellow tone that the original - green) couldnt log in though since im registered using Facebook and the Facebook connection was outdated so it wouldnt let me log in using that.

and a few more methods i found here. So far nothing has helped.

I saw a post about some sort of command lines and stuff yet couldnt find any command lines in the comments or the post. If anyone has any idea what im talking about here please help me find it.

Also im running Windows 10

spotify.png
2 Replies

Well... I just found a solution that worked for me.

I installed spotify from the Windows Store.

Simple as that.

Same problem here but, even though windows app works, I need to use desktop app so has anyone got any solutions yet?

Suggested posts