Free

Country

US

Device

HP Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10 64-bit

My Question or Issue

Spotify hangs up between the music and commercials. You have to hit 'pause' and 'play' to get it to play the commercial so it will play music afterward. There is no error message. I uninstalled the program and downloaded and installed it again. But it is the same. 1.0.80.474.gef6b503e

2 Replies

Hey @7t-lu6xx2_6em, welcome to the community!

Let's try reinstalling Spotify to see if it helps. If not, try launching the app as the administrator or turning off Hardware Acceleration under View.

If nothing helps, let me know if this happens to any ads or a specific one.

All the best. 

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I've been having the same issue for about 5 years now. Sometimes it's worse, sometimes it's better. I always get the runaround from customer service about it, and it never really gets fixed.

The gist: Spotify pauses or freezes during commercials. Usually, it's at the beginning or end of one, but sometimes it's in the middle. When the freezing issue was particularly bad, it was always at the beginning or end of a commercial. I believe Spotify has a fundamental bug with how they handle commercials.

Platforms: Cross-platform. I've experienced this issue on my MacBook Pro, my Android phone (before I got rid of it about 2.5 years ago), my old iPhone (before I got a new one 1.5 years ago), and my new iPhone. Based on this user's comment, it appears to also affect Windows platforms as well.

Annoyance level: Super high. I'm fed up with Spotify at this point. This issue has suddenly gotten extra bad lately. It's ridiculous that this bug has gone on for so long with no resolution. I'm in the middle of moving (hence wanting to listen to music to just help me keep going), but once I'm done moving, I will be looking at other streaming options.

Suggested posts